Wednesday, July 16, 2014

From "Bad Boy" To Family Man....

Blogging Friends.... At a birthday party on Sunday, I impersonated Tony/Stark/Iron Man {It was for the kids!! But I rather enjoy being Iron Man, thank-you very much!!} Then I caught my reflection in the mirror. I was wearing a colorful polka dot party hat and girly-looking bow tie!! How very cool. Not really!! Tony Stark wouldn't be caught dead wearing a colorful polka dot party hat and girly-looking bow tie!! Robert Downey Jr. on the other hand.... And I love, love, love him for it.

I found this last night!! Be. Still. My. Heart....  

{Interviewer} Are you enjoying fatherhood the second time around?

{Robert Downey Jr.} I love it. I love being with Exton and trying to communicate with him on his level. What's fascinating to me is that when I was in my twenties I could never have imagined myself as a married guy in his forties raising a young son and having this very mellow life. Now I'm in the process of accepting the fact that I am that guy! 

2 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun Raelyn, bet the kids loved you in your Iron Man costume, I can just see them smiling :)
It's nice to see Robery Downey Jr settling down into fatherhood after his troubled past.
Lynne x

Mary Lou said...

Lynne....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"Sounds like you had a lot of fun Raelyn, bet the kids loved you in your Iron Man costume, I can just see them smiling." Costume? What costume? Aside from wearing an Iron Man T-shirt, I wore nothing that had anything to with the superhero!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;-D
No, it was just random play. Not at all planned!! Two of the kids requested that we play superheroes and appointed me Iron Man!! Because I have a reputation....!! ;)
"It's nice to see Robert Downey Jr. settling down into fatherhood after his troubled past." I can't but agree!! Being a family man suits him well, doesn't it?! ;op