Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas, Baby!!

Blogging Friends.... I have posted some {Hopefully!!} fun Christmas-themed Blog posts throughout this month. But I saved the best for the last. A meditation of Christ's Birth in poetry!! Love you later.

Written by Raelyn!!

An angel came to Mary;
Said you're having a baby!
And she was shocked by his news;
But God's found favor in you.
Joseph had lots of doubts;
Now their plans won't work out;
Then an angel came in his sleep;
This wonderful wife you should keep!
Soon they had to move away;
Since the couple couldn't stay;
They left their old town;
For Bethlehem renown.
Suddenly, a feeling;
Our Baby is coming;
But every room was full;
Except for this stable!
Some poor shepherds watched sheep nearby;
When an angel flew from the skies;
While scaring them badly;
He told of the Baby!
And a host came, announcing;
Glory to God, Newborn King!!



6 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Beautiful Christmas poem Raelyn, it has really put me in the mood for Christmas day!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year.
All my love and best wishes
Lynne x

Mary Lou said...

Lynne....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"Beautiful Christmas poem Raelyn, it has really put me in the mood for Christmas day!" I am glad you enjoyed it!! I composed that poem a few years ago!! When, I do not remember.... ;)
"Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and peaceful New Year." Right back at 'ya!! ;op

Unknown said...

Wishing you and your family happy holiday. Have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and joyous New Year.

Best wishes Molly & Family

Mary Lou said...

Molly & Family....
Thanks for the comment, Friends!!
"Wishing you and your family happy holiday. Have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous and joyous New Year." Right back at 'ya!! ;op!!

Fizz said...

Hey Raelyn, where you gone? It's been ages since you last posted, I hope you are ok.

Mary Lou said...

Fizz....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"Hey Raelyn, where you gone? It's been ages since you last posted, I hope you are ok."
First things first. You have missed me?! Wow.... You have touched my deepest, most heartfelt emotions.... While I've obviously abandoned Beautifully Unique, nobody--nobody--has dropped any comments expressing that this Blog has been missed. You're the only one, dear Friend!! Thank-you.... ;)
I am okay. I have been busy, busy, busy!! Come July, we will be watching my beautiful nieces, "Amethyst" and "Opal" three days a week!! I have been hip swaying/dancing/working out to Bruce Springsteen's rockin' {And sometimes pop. And occasionally rockabilly.} music three to four days a week!! That is a hell of a lot of work.... And a hell of a lot of fun!! Rosey is good, healthy--getting older--but very much alive!! ;-D
I have also not left the Internet entirely!! I've been posting monthly fictional stories on my other Blog, Minuscule is good! .... Its address is this. http://writing--projects.blogspot.com/ . Check it out!! ;op