Monday, October 22, 2012

Autumn Rainbow


I love nature!! Whether it is a passing rainstorm. Or Springtime's fragrant flowers. Whether it is a soft snowfall. Or an afternoon of warm sunshine. Such beauty and awestruck wonder can be witnessed by God's creation!! Earlier this afternoon, around 4 PM, I was walking Rose. There were grey clouds lurking before us on our trek down the suburban cul-de-sac. A storm was brewing!! No worries. Or, hakuna matata, as they said in "The Lion King"!! I am wearing my raincoat, and Rose will just have to get drenched, because there is no way that I'll ever successfully get one on her!! We wrestle for the red harness before every walk!! I "bribe" my little girl with a baby carrot!! That's right. Bribe her. Like she is some small child, or something!! Whatever works, right? As we walked, however, the rains held up!! Hakuna matata!! Then, as we walked toward the end of our cul-de-sac, I witnessed a beautiful surprise!! A half rainbow!! In Autumn!! There is something so magical about rainbows!! They are momentary vapors, like ourselves. Blink, and you will miss their brilliant colors stretched out across the sky!! But. To witness an Autumn rainbow, as crisp winds blow loose leaves through the air, that is magical!! So magical. I then stood there, stock-still, completely hypnotized by this half-rainbow. This fleeting moment. I saw the rainbow become brighter, as sunshine illuminated it like some stage's spotlight. Ooooh!! And I watched the rainbow disappear in the grey clouds!! Vanished!! Just like that!! I began humming the tune to "Somewhere Over A Rainbow". Automatically!! There is also something very special about rainbows, I suddenly observed alongside my bewildered and bored Rose. Something very special. Each color is unique--individual--yet every hue painted across the sky, like art on canvas, teams together to make a beautiful rainbow!! Such as with people. We each possess unique talents and gifts. Writing. Acting. Photography. Painting. Baking. Teaching. The list goes on, and on, and on!! Yet, like the rainbow, we minuscule beings each contribute to something cosmic, something great. Mmmm. I like that.  

 

 

18 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Rainbows are really beautiful aren't they. I like to watch them when they are over the sea. There is nothing more beautiful than the gifts nature gives us.
Lynne x

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We love rainbows...anytime. As we have that 'no walk in the rain' clause in our contract, we don't see many.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Unknown said...

We always say wish on a rainbow. Have a great Tuesday and we wish you good luck.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

I love a good rainbow as well. It's a little bit of heaven we can see. Have a good day!

Mary Lou said...

Lynne....
Thank-you for commenting!!
I do not think that I've ever seen a rainbow over the sea before!! Wow!! That would be a sight.... I can only imagine its magical beauty above foamy waves.... Thanks for the lovely picture!! ;op

Mary Lou said...

Daisy, Bella & Roxy....
Thanks for the comment!!
You do not see many rainbows because of your "'no walk in the rain' clause"? Sad!! Tell HER that it was not even raining where we were!! ;op

Mary Lou said...

Molly....
Thank-you for the comment!!
"We always say wish on a rainbow.". Wow!! Wish on a rainbow? I have never heard of that!! Wish on a shooting star. Birthday candles wishes. Wish as you blow some wispy-seeded dandelion. But not wish on a rainbow!! I like that!! ;-D
Thank-you for my good luck wish, Friend!! ;op

Mary Lou said...

Finn....
Thank-you for the comment!!
"I love a good rainbow as well. It's a little bit of Heaven we can see.". I concur!! ;op

Remington said...

Interesting....check out my blog today....I love rainbows too!

bbes tribe said...

A beautiful post and we like your way with words!! We are getting ready to go for a walk..just got to get M going...Thanks for visiting us!
Tailwags
Ernie and the pack

Mary Lou said...

Remington....
Thank-you for the comment!!
No way. You experienced an Autumn rainbow, as well?! Now that is interesting!! ;-D
I will definitely check your Blog out!! Too funny!! ;op

Mary Lou said...

Ernie and the pack....
Thank-you for the comment!!
I have been thinking about "my way with words". This is a gift. And I feel as though it is my only--if not strongest!!--ability. However, some days I am a little more "on" than others!! During those times, words flow from my "brain juices" like blood though one's veins!! Yesterday, I was definitely "on"!! ;-D
I am glad that you enjoy my writing!! ;op

Unknown said...

We love rainbows too but we don't see them much nowadays. I think it's because of the trees are chopped down in the name of development. Sigh!

Mary Lou said...

Priscilla....
Thanks for the comment!!
You have had trees chopped down? I am so sorry!! We are tree-huggers of the sorts around here.... Several years ago, construction workers tore some down.... And we were all heartbroken!! ;op

Alison said...

You have to be insane to not love rainbows hehehe.

Oh, and I have to bribe Zoe to get her harness on as well so don't feel bad about that. lol

Mary Lou said...

Alison....
Thank-you for the comment!!
Oh good, I am not insane, after all!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;-}
Didn't you post a video about wrestling Zoe for her harness? If memory serves me well? Which, it seldom ever does.... ;op

Smile With Your Tail said...

Autumn is our favourite season!That rainbow sounded gorgeous!

Slobbers

Mary Lou said...

Smile With Your Tail....
Thank-you for the comment!!
Autumn is one of my favorite seasons, as well!! It's second place to Spring!! ;op