Friday, December 13, 2013

Dear Rose Elizabeth

Blogging Friends.... Thank-you for your sweet and encouraging comments on Wednesday's post!! As a writer, I spend lots of time describing people, places, things, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. I have one word for your Friendship. "Wow". I treasure dearly every single word!! I wrote this in my private journal/diary. Some changes were made, as per usual!! I may not easily make friends. Perhaps my sister is seemingly more popular than I. Maybe people come and go, eventually "outgrowing" me. Perhaps S is my most loyal, longest-lasting friend. To which I am grateful!! Maybe I do not possess a "net" like Kelle Hampton does. But my Blogging Friends? They love me. My Blogging Friends have accepted my crazy, weird, oddball self. They encourage me when I need it most.... With words. My Blogging Friends. I love, love, love them!! They are "Family" to me!!
 
It is Friday the 13th!! This year's last one. I love, love, love Friday the 13th!! I am so oddly fascinated by superstitious subjects!! I haven't a clue why. I do not believe in any of it....
 
 Dear Rose Elizabeth....
 
Another Christmastime spent together has nearly come and gone. Can you believe it?! This is our fourth Christmas together, and I hope for many, many, many more!! I cannot wait to see your excitable anticipation on December 25th when I unveil the gifts which Santa "Claws" hid within that red/white velvet-like stocking which, right now, hangs vacant on our yellow bedroom wall. Now. I am in close proximity to that short, big-bellied, white-bearded, ruddy-faced jolly old elf. How so? See, I may be turning thirty next month, but I never stopped believing in Santa "Claws". He appreciates that!! Adult believers. And Santa "Claws" shared with me everything which you will receive!! For he knows that I am great at keeping secrets!! But. This time of year, I lack impulse control really badly!! I just become very, very, very excited about Christmas gifts from Santa "Claws"!! I really have to watch my mouth, or else I'll spill some clues!! Well. Santa "Claws" also knows this about me!! So. Santa "Claws" granted me permission to give away twain clues. One. You will receive three well-loved plush squeak dog toys. And two. Santa "Claws" has little elves who are prolific dog treat bakers!! Dearest Rose. I understand that you have a Mama who writes. I know I spend way too much time sitting on this flat-screened desktop computer. I write Blog posts for Beautifully Unique. I create fictional children's stories, and "publish" them on "Minuscule is good!". I wrote my Life Story. I leave comments on everyone's Blogs. I understand that you become quite jealous of this here computer, and are not bashful in letting me know!! I feel your wet tongue nudges. I hear every pig-like snorting sounds. I see your big round eyes glance toward me, then away, looking as though you have just been neglected. My Drama Queen!! I guess it takes one to know one? While I am sorry about all of the time I spend sitting at this computer, I still give out lots of lovin'!! And you know it!! Because. I love, love, love my different-like-me Beautifully Unique little girl!!
 
Merry Christmas, and happy 2014, Rose!!
 
--Mama             
 

10 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Ohh, that is so sweet! I love the red and green letters, very festive.
Sounds like somepup is going to be a lucky girl come Christmas day!
Lynne x

Unknown said...

How sweet and we are sure Rose doesn't mind at all as long as she is with you. Pip just wanted to be in the same room and a cuddle every so often that is all. She was never alone and that is what she really wanted.
Have a Fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Ryker said...

Sounds like you and Rose are going to have a marvelous Christmas!
I too love Friday the 13th! Enjoy!

Mary Lou said...

Lynne....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"Ohh, that is so sweet! I love the red and green letters, very festive.". Thanks!! ;)
"Sounds like somepup is going to be a lucky girl come Christmas day!". Yep!! Santa "Claws" got her gifts done first!! He always does!! ;op

Mary Lou said...

Molly....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"How sweet and we are sure Rose doesn't mind at all as long as she is with you. Pip just wanted to be in the same room and a cuddle every so often that is all. She was never alone and that is what she really wanted.". Sweet.... ;op

Mary Lou said...

RYKER....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"Sounds like you and Rose are going to have a marvelous Christmas!". Oh, we will!! ;)
"I too love Friday the 13th!". Score!! I am not the only one!! ;op

Deidre said...

Sounds a great Christmas for you two this year! I think pups are pretty happy to be just near by if you're on the computer - as long as they the occasional snuggle :)

Mary Lou said...

Deidre....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"I think pups are pretty happy to be just nearby if you're on the computer - as long as they get the occasional snuggle.". True!! Rose can actually see me from "our" bed while I am sitting on this desktop computer. But she still gets jealous!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;op

Maxmom said...

Hi there Raelyn
I'm sorry I've not been around much - life catches up with me all too often and I find it difficult to keep up with blogs. Anyway, I'm here today and that's all that counts...
It's wonderful that Rose continues to play such an important role in your life - give her a hug from me. I can't imagine life without my beloved canine companions either. Sounds like she is gonna be spoiled rotten at Christmas. :)
Just also wanted to wish you a very happy Christmas. You certainly sound like you are in the spirit of things.
And yes...blogging buddies are awesome. Keep writing!
sending lotsaluv

Mary Lou said...

Max Mom....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"I'm sorry I've not been around much - life catches up with me all too often and I find it difficult to keep up with blogs.". I understand!! I have fallen a bit behind with everybody's Blogs, too, I'm afraid!! ;)
"It's wonderful that Rose continues to play such an important role in your life - give her a hug from me. I can't imagine life without my beloved canine companions either. Sounds like she is gonna be spoiled rotten at Christmas.". Oh.... She always is!! ;-D
"Just also wanted to wish you a very happy Christmas. You certainly sound like you are in the spirit of things.". It's the most wonderful time of the year!! In my opinion.... ;)
"Keep writing!". I will!! Right back at you, Friend!! ;op