Friday, April 4, 2014

Jayden

Blogging Friends.... I know I owe you all a story about Rose. Looking back at my Blog post archives, I realize that it has been several weeks since I last wrote about Rose!! But never fear. Rose stories will come, I promise!! I actually plan to write one up today!! Love you later.
  
C.D.H. is, I think, much like a raging forest fire. Children born with it are fragile yet strong trees. Sometimes. The raging forest fire of C.D.H. can burn its trees, scalding them badly. These such C.D.H. children then live most of their lives with unwanted health issues. Sometimes. The raging forest fire of C.D.H. can merely singe its trees. Such as in my case. Then the only sign that there ever was a raging forest fire at all is very visible yet beautiful scars. And tragically. Sometimes. The raging forest fire of C.D.H. can burn its trees to ash. As C.D.H. children are still dying. But I have personally witnessed something miraculous firsthand. Even trees that have been badly burned grow back afresh!! Never lose hope.

Just days after I posted this--on April 2nd--the "raging forest fire" of congenital diaphragmatic hernia, heartbreakingly, took another "tree". His name was Jayden. I visit a dear C.D.H. Mama's Facebook page, "Raising Healthy Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Children"--and am the "outsider looking in"--so, as I read about Beautifully Unique Kindred Spirits, I "knew" Jayden. Best to my knowledge, his Mommy never Blogged. I haven't a clue what he looked like. But I "knew" Jayden. I read all about his brave battles against C.D.H., how severe it was, complications, trials and triumphs on Facebook. I "knew" Jayden. And I, along with everyone else in that Online community, prayed for his survival.

This is taken from my private Word document journal upon reading the sad news. It's real and uncensored. For those of you who have issues with that, go and have a chat with my raw emotions. They will win the argument.

It hurts to be a survivor of C.D.H. sometimes.... It hurts like hell.... It hurts so damn hard.... I am alive.... My heart is beating within my chest.... Blood flows fluently through my veins.... I just wrote my ninth "book".... And yet.... Another precious Beautifully Unique little dude just lost his life today.... My Kindred Spirit C.D.H. Buddy's name was Jayden.... Rest in peace....


6 comments:

Unknown said...

How terribly sad. RIP sweet Jayden and we will pray for his family. Sometimes Fate can be so cruel.
Best wishes Molly.

Mary Lou said...

Molly....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"Sometimes Fate can be so cruel.". I can't but agree.
Jayden's family will appreciate your prayers.

Sketching with Dogs said...

I am so very sorry to hear about Jayden, hugs to you Raelyn.
Lynne x

Mary Lou said...

Lynne....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!!
"I am so very sorry to hear about Jayden, hugs to you Raelyn.". Thanks.... Extend your virtual hugs to Jayden's poor grieving family, too.

Ruby said...

So sorry for you and for his family. A very hard situation. They'll need lots of prayers.

Mary Lou said...

Ruby....
Thank-you for the comment, Friend!! I truly appreciated it!!
"So sorry for you and for his family. A very hard situation. They'll need lots of prayers.". Indeed.