Monday, December 26, 2011

Rose's "Second" Christmas

So yesterday was December 25th. Rose's second Christmas with me!! As early as possible, I pulled her red and white velvet stocking off its nail. Until yesterday morning, this holiday item hung vacant upon my bedroom wall. I found Rose's treats and plush toys. I swiftly stuffed her stocking until it bulged. Literally. I love filling Christmas stockings!! I purchased Rose some Milo's Kitchen chicken jerky, bacon & cheese flavored Beggin' Strips, plus the "Cinnabone" dog biscuits. My Beagle/German Shepherd cross' toys were a plush baby blue puppy. Uncle Michael named "her" Rose. A plush golden-colored monkey. I named "him" Curious George. And a plush pink kitten. I named "her" after my childhood feline, Sugar. With much enthusiasm, I presented the fuzzy stocking to Rose. Like a small child, she was excited!! Seriously. Usually excitement brings about high-pitched baying. But not this time!! Rose shadowed my every step, and became a little jumpy, instead!! I pulled out the Beggin' Strips. Yes, I understand that this was probably not my healthiest choice of treats to buy, but.... It is Christmas. We all receive "junk" food on December 25th around here!! I bent the Beggin' Strips in half. They are long and Rose does not need an entire piece!! Next I pulled out the chicken jerky. They were also cut in long strips, so I broke one. Or I attempted to, at least!! This chicken jerky was tough!! So Rose received two small pieces of it. Then, one by one, I pulled out her toys. I forgot to cut off their tags, however!! Oops!! So after quickly cutting off their tags, Rose was given one. Then another. Then another. Rose must have thought that she died and went to Heaven!! For I give her more presents on Christmas morning than our anniversaries!! My mongrel's favorite toy was the puppy. Initially. She plays with all three!! Lastly, I fed her at 8:00 AM. Finally, I gave Rose a candy cane shaped home-baked biscuit!! My "hound" of course, appreciated all my hard work in making those holiday treats!! She ran through our house with it, rolled on the candy cane, then ingested her "Cinnabone"!! Silly puppy!! I later found a small piece of something tan near my girl's ear. What is that? I wondered. It was a part of her candy cane biscuit!! Caked to my dog's fur!! Ah, the predicaments she gets me in....

Merry Christmas, Rose!!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Rose was certainly a very lucky dog this year! I'm glad you both had a good day. I'm just glad of a chistmas break... think my girls are too as there walks are super long now :-)

Mary Lou said...

Stacey....
Thank-you for commenting!!
Yeah, my Dad is on Christmas vacation as well.... It is NICE to have him around more!! ;)
I am SURE that Molly and Jess APPRECIATE their "super long" walks!! ;op

Ruby said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great Christmas with Rose- and what a haul she made! You know Blondie loves Curious George? She will definitely want to see it when we come over!

Mary Lou said...

Ruby....
Thank-you for commenting!!
Blondie loves Curious George? SERIOUSLY? I did not KNOW that!! ;-D
Well, ROSE'S Curious George is sort of UNIQUE.... He's GOLDEN-COLORED, but his FACE looks like the children's book character's!! ;)
I ALMOST named him "Bananas", but LATER decided that that is WAY too cliché!! ;-}
See you TONIGHT!!