Monday, August 29, 2011

Really?! Scat?

Hounds will be hounds.... Right? I recently solved the mystery of that putrid-smelling substance which Rose periodically rolls in. Because we looked it up. In a book!! That black-as-charcoal stench which my mongrel seemingly enjoys smearing across her face, is--drum roll, please--raccoon pooh!! Hmmm. This appears to make sense. We do have occasional raccoons that wander through our backyard at night!! They must leave their droppings while passing through!! I have seen this large-sized pooh.... I swiftly dispose it within a plastic bag!! The book features accurate drawings, plus track marks and facts on various animal droppings. Including, of course, raccoon!! And its picture description matched flawlessly to what I have found lying around the backyard!! Lovely.... Whenever Rose does roll in scat, either the putrid smell or its black mark covering her mostly brown face announces that she has been naughty!! Then, suddenly, I drop everything. Rose seldom rolls in raccoon pooh at the ideal time!! I invite Uncle Michael, who, voluntarily helps me!! I find several big, ragged towels. Fetch the dog shampoo. Pick my hound up bodily and gently set her into our bathtub. Unsnap Rose's collar, which always reeks of scat. Uncle Michael turns on the water. I scrub and scrub until at last she smells like wet dog!! I apply squirt after squirt of shampoo to her neck area. More than usual. Just enough to bathe that pooh completely out of her!! It is a "dirty job", not for the easily grossed out!! Once finished, Uncle Michael tosses me a ragged towel. Finally, I take some soft, fresh-scented baby wipes and carefully rub them upon Rose's face. Until she smells clean in an impossible-to-wash area. Task complete!! Next, I apply baby wipes to her collar. Then, I wrap it around Rose's neck and fasten the buckle. My dog can be so disgusting sometimes!!















No comments: