Friday, December 17, 2010

Poop Breath

It was Thanksgiving Day. We were, as the family who possesses a large enough home, expecting several relatives for dinner. Every room had been dusted, cleaned, vacuumed. Creamy mashed potatoes, seasoned stuffing, lust turkey and the likes was cooking. Delicious cheesecake had been baked. Rose, experiencing her first appearance to nearly everyone who would enter through our front door, was scrubbed clean and smelled of fresh scented kiwi berry dog shampoo. Everything ran smoothly.... Until early that morning. I'd taken my canine for her routine morning walk. Up the cul-de-sac, down the cul-de-sac, twice. She partook in her business.... However, I forgot a plastic bag!! Oops. So I dropped Rose off at home, grabbed this spacious grocery sack from our garage, retraced my steps, and picked it up!! When I returned, she was nowhere in sight. Not staring at me through the living room window. Not lying upon our "off-limits" leather loveseat. Not in anybody's rooms. Finally I spied.... The garage door.... Had been.... Left open ajar!! This is another location of our house where she's not allowed.... It's my cat's "domain". The feline's food, plus litter box lives out there.... I called her name: "Rose?" Then I heard a resounding crash.... Which was most likely the noise of her guilt.... She knew she'd been naughty!! Then I witnessed it. The litter box, which needed cleaned, stood vacant of pooh. Her breath declared all evidence. She had raided my cat's droppings!! I was horrified and just plain sickened by this concept!! What impeccable timing she had!! Clocks were swiftly ticking, people were coming over and she now smelled like kiwi berry shampoo, plus.... Poop breath!! Soon afterward, Rose discovered my heavy Winter coat lying carelessly across our great room carpet. And she lay down on it!! Such a loving gesture, as the dark purple coat carried my scent!! Loving.... Yet I was still grossed out!!

1 comment:

Loy said...

Ewwwww! Yuck! I think you may have found her one fault!