Friday, May 20, 2011

I've Lost Weight!!

A recent news study claimed that dog owners are healthier and leaner than those who do not share their existences with these beautiful four-legged creatures. It of course credited this finding to daily exercise routines. Responsible canine owners walk/run with their pets on several occasions, rain or shine, Sunday through Saturday. Since adopting Rose last September, their research has proven true personally. For I have lost some weight!! And I've accomplished this sans Jenny Craig. Without the assistance of any Positive Changes Hypnosis Centers. Sans pricy--and risky--weight loss surgeries. I'm not dieting, not watching the foods I ingest, not cutting back on sweets. But each morning, at 7:00 AM, I pull myself out of bed, link Rose's red leash to her collar, and walk. For ten minutes. Up and down our cul-de-sac. Later, in the afternoon, we repeat this procedure. Then, come evening, at 9:55 PM, I link Rose's red leash once more, and we walk halfway. Plus the hurried treks I take my mongrel on before leaving the house. Our pace is seldom fast-paced. We stop repeatedly so she can sniff locations, and pause to observe neighbor's cars as they drive down the street. It is hardly a cardio workout!! However, I am moving my naturally lazy body!! Those pair of legs so accustomed to sitting are working!! Thus my abdomen has shrunk itself some!! I am far from being "pencil-thin" and probably never will be. My belly still has flab. But I am thinner, my asthma/allergies have miraculously diminished, and I feel healthier!! All because of Rose....

No comments: